Dr Wenjia Bai
Lecturer, Data Science Institute and Department of Medicine
Dr Wenjia Bai is a joint lecturer at Data Science Institute and Department of Medicine. He finished his D.Phil in 2011 at University of Oxford under the supervision of Sir Michael Brady. After that, he moved to Imperial College London to continue his research on medical imaging. His current research focuses on machine learning for large-scale medical image analysis and on bridging the gap between engineering and medicine. A machine learning method that he has recently developed has achieved a performance on par with human experts on cardiac MR image analysis and it has been deployed for clinical research for analysing over 26,000 subjects from UK Biobank. He has published over 60 peer-reviewed conference papers and journal articles in the field.
More details about Wenjia’s research can be found here.
- Haiyan Wang, Wenzhe Shi, Wenjia Bai, Antonio M Simoes Monteiro de Marvao, Timothy J W Dawes, Declan P O'Regan, Philip J Edwards, Stuart Cook, Daniel Rueckert, Prediction of Clinical Information from Cardiac MRI Using Manifold Learning, Functional Imaging and Modeling of the Heart (FIMH), volume 9126, pp.91–98, 2015
- Wenjia Bai, Devis Peressutti, Ozan Oktay, Wenzhe Shi, Declan P O'Regan, Andrew P King, Daniel Rueckert, Learning a Global Descriptor of Cardiac Motion from a Large Cohort of 1000+ Normal Subjects, Functional Imaging and Modeling of the Heart (FIMH), volume 9126, pp.3–11, 2015
- C Petitjean, M A Zuluaga, W Bai, J-N. Dacher, D Grosgeorge, J Caudron, S Ruan, I Ben Ayed, M J Cardoso, H-C. Chen, D Jimenez-Carretero, M J Ledesma-Carbayo, C Davatzikos, J Doshi, G Erus, O M O Maier, C M S Nambakhsh, Y Ou, S Ourselin, C-W. Peng, N S Peters, T M Peters, M Rajchi, D Rueckert, A Santos, W Shi, C-W. Wang, H Wang, J Yuan, Right ventricle segmentation from cardiac MRI: A collation study, Medical Image Analysis, volume 19, pp.187–202, 2015
- W Bai, W Shi, C Ledig, D Rueckert, Multi-atlas segmentation with augmented features for cardiac MR images, Medical Image Analysis, volume 19, pp.98–109, 2015
- Ozan Oktay, Alberto G'omez, Kevin Keraudren, Andreas Schuh, Wenjia Bai, Wenzhe Shi, Graeme P Penney, Daniel Rueckert, Probabilistic Edge Map (PEM) for 3D Ultrasound Image Registration and Multi-atlas Left Ventricle Segmentation, Functional Imaging and Modeling of the Heart (FIMH), volume 9126, pp.223–230, 2015